10 Things You Should Know About the Wish 107.5 YouTube Channel Mar 11, 2017
Wish 107.5 has now officially gathered one million YouTube subscribers! To celebrate this momentous occasion, we’ve listed 10 things that every Wisher must know about the country’s no. 1 FM YouTube Channel.
- The Wish 107.5 YouTube Channel was created on July 13, 2014. The first video uploaded on the channel was a promotional advertisement about the station’s launching concert last August 10, 2014. The page’s earliest uploads also include the unveiling of the Wish 107.5 Bus, the country’s one and only mobile radio booth.
- The first WISHclusive performance uploaded on the Wish 107.5 YouTube Channel was Gloc-9’s acoustic rendition of his hit song, “Businessman.” The video, which premiered on December 11, 2014, featured singer Lirah Bermudez.
- Rex Smith’s live performance of his signature hit, “Simply Jessie,” was the channel’s first WISHclusive video that featured an international singer. Other WISHclusives staged by a foreign artist include “On This Day” (David Pomeranz), “Sometimes When We Touch” (Dan Hill), and “Miss You Like Crazy” (The Moffatts).
- On a daily basis, the Wish 107.5 YouTube Channel adds two new WISHclusives that showcase different brands of artistry. These WISHclusive premieres are scheduled every 9 PM.
- A number of WISHclusives have earned the nod of music icons and entertainment figures here and abroad. For instance, Darren Espanto’s “Chandelier” was lauded by Nicki Minaj, Jessie J and Ashton Kutcher. Alienette’s “On My Own” caught the attention of Lea Salonga, while Morissette’s “Secret Love Song” was shared by Carol Banawa on her Twitter account, stating that “this young lady will be big.”
- The Wish 107.5 YouTube Channel is composed of subscribers coming from the Philippines and other parts of the globe. Its WISHclusives also frequently gather praises from netizens across the world, as seen on the various “reaction videos” that are uploaded on the popular streaming site. This phenomenon has paved the way for the station to introduce a new category for the Wish 107.5 Music Awards, the WISH Reactors’ Choice award.
- The Wish 107.5 YouTube Channel adds a daily average of 5,000 – 7,000 to its number of subscribers. According to the official year-end report released by YouTube PH in 2016, Wish 107.5 was the country’s fastest growing channel, obtaining a nearly 236% increase for last year alone.
- Kris Lawrence’s cover of “Versace on the Floor” holds the record of being the fastest WISHclusive video to garner one million YouTube views — in only a span of four days. Other videos that were able to hit the one million mark in just a week include Sue Ramirez’s “Your Love” (within five days) and Morissette’s “Secret Love Song (within one week).
Meanwhile, WISHclusives with at least one million YouTube hits are currently tallied at 81.
- During the 2nd Wish 107.5 Music Awards, the station introduced the WISHclusive Elite Circle. The prestigious group is composed of music acts whose WISHclusives have reached at least 10 million views. The circle’s inaugural members were Morissette (“Secret Love Song” and “Against All Odds”), Darren Espanto (“Chandelier”) and Bugoy Drilon (“One Day”).
Currently, artists who are eligible to become recipients of next years’ music awards’ highest citations include Michael Pangilinan (“One Last Cry” and “Lay Me Down”) and KZ Tandingan (“Tadhana”), after their performances have hit the 10 million ceiling.
- Wish 107.5 is the first FM radio station in the Philippines and the eighth local YouTube Channel to have amassed one million subscribers. The station reached this milestone in only over two years.
As the channel continues to grow, Wish 107.5 will stay true to its vow to become Filipino artists’ WISHclusive gateway to the world.