The year 2018 marked a new beginning for the latest addition to the Wish fam — DJ Laura. On January 10, this sweet and talented lady officially put on the Wish 107.5 headset and became your lovely date every night as she took over “Wishpers of Love.”
The program airs Monday through Saturdays, 8 PM until 12 midnight.
If you’re wondering who is this gal telling bittersweet tales of love and spinning the perfect tug-at-the-heartstrings songs, here’s a roundup of five fun facts about her:
- Being a DJ was her first job. Coming from a lower frequency of the FM band, she has been a radio jock since February 2001. In an interview, she shared that this profession has taught her so much “about music and how to deal with people.” It also helped her gain confidence as she did things she never even imagined doing — for instance, interviewing the likes of Jason Mraz, Black Eyed Peas, and Boyz II Men (!).
- Apart from being a DJ, did you know that the Miriam College graduate of Bachelor of Arts in Communication also had a brief teaching stint at the Oxford School for Children in Pasig City?
- If you have a keen ear, you might have heard her before in various TV and radio commercials. She did quite a number of voice-over works for some of the biggest brands in the country.
- Curious as to when she first had that wish of becoming a Wish jock? According to her, it was when she saw the Wish Bus, with The Moffatts as the featured artist. And upon hearing more about the station — from the Wish 107.5 YouTube channel, the Wishclusives to the WishCard — she all the more dreamed to “be part of a team that is not afraid to do things no one else has done”
- She describes herself as an “optimistic pessimist” and an “extroverted introvert” whose day won’t be complete without her caffeine fix. One more thing, she also revealed that she belongs to the one percent who hasn’t seen a single episode of Game of Thrones.
Make sure to tune in to DJ Laura’s “Wishpers of Love,” 8 PM until 12 midnight, and find out more reasons to fall in love with the newest lady jock to join Wish 107.5!
Comments are closed.