7 Things to Know About Kaye Cal
Kaye Cal is popularly known as the lead vocalist of Ezra Band, a band which made a name after they competed in the first season of the Pilipinas Got Talent (PGT). She has been doing solo projects for the past few years. Let’s get a review and and update on the life of Kaye Cal through this list of 7 things we should know about her.
1. Kaye’s full name is Karen Jade Cal, and her hometown is Davao Del Sur. Her bandmates, as well, were from the same province.
2. Her unique, soulful voice was one of the major factors of Ezra Band’s entry to the Pilipinas Got Talent competition. The judges commended the striking performances of her and the rest of the band.
3. Kaye Cal, along with the Ezra Band, was included in the PGT album “Pinoy You Got It” released in 2010 under Star Records and Sony Music.
4. Ezra Band has been in hiatus for a few years now. However, Kaye Cal remains active in her solo music career.
5. She regularly uploads her own covers of popular songs in her Youtube channel. Her cover of Up Dharma Down’s “Tadhana” has over half a million views.
6. Recently, Kaye released her single “Isang Araw”, which is included in Star Music’s OPM Fresh album featuring other budding singers of today’s generation.
7. Kaye performed “Isang Araw” during her guesting on the Roadshow. Apart from this, she also sang Ezra Band’s popular 2010 hit, “Walang Iba,” and her rendition of the songs “Sweat” and “Missing You.”
An important update on Kaye Cal you should not miss is her nominations in the Wish 107.5 Music Awards. Her “Isang Araw” single has been nominated as Best WISHclusive Performance by a Female Artist, Wish Ballad Song, and Wish Original Song. Vote for her here. Polling period ends on 12 noon on the same day of the WMA on January 26, 2016 at the SMART Araneta Coliseum.
Leave a Reply